Grow your skills
Our mission at Masters Summit is to help Qlik® developers master skills to realize greater value from their Qlik® program. Our content focuses on practical skills for developers – both for the back-end (data modeling, scripting, etc.) as well as the front-end (user interface, dashboard). Our participants report back to us that they leave with several tangible takeaways, immediately applicable in their jobs.
Learn from our experts with four perspectives
We’ve assembled a team of four expert Qlik® practitioners to develop and present the Masters Summit. These are seasoned, real-world consultants with years of Qlik® experience. They are dedicated to sharing their knowledge & experience with you. All presenters are well-known within the Qlik®world for their contributions to QlikCommunity, as well as for writing Qlik® blogs and even books.
The Summit is the perfect forum to meet other developers, share success stories (and maybe a few “horror stories”) and to learn from and contribute to the Qlik® “ecosystem.” Throughout the day, we provide ample opportunities to network with peers and presenters.
Ready-to-use code and resources
You will walk out of the Masters Summit equipped with new knowledge as well as Qlik® content you can integrate into your own environment, for example:
- utility applications to manage apps & server environment
- documented code snippets & libraries
- chart objects to drop into your own apps
The Masters Summit content is targeted to developers who are at least intermediate level. Or for more advanced practitioners who are looking for new skills, tips and tricks.
Do any of the points below resonate with you?
- Have been working with Qlik® for 6 months to 3 years?
- Have you taken QlikView™ Designer and Developer training and wondering “now what?”
- Are starting to run into the tougher Qlik® challenges and unsure of how to best proceed?
- Have you been working with Qlik® for years, but feel your skills are getting stale or have not kept up with new features?
- Are you the only QV Developer at your company and want to expand your viewpoint?
The Summit is not for beginning developers. If you are unsure if the Summit is right for you, please contact our staff at: email@example.com
We assembled a brief self-quiz to help you assess if Masters Summit is right for you. Try to answer as many questions as you can, without any external help:
- What are the common steps in every Data Modeling process?
- What are the two main techniques of combining Fact Tables, and the differences between the two?
- How can you work with Slowly Changing Dimensions in QlikView?
- How can you organize an efficient Delta Load, in a variety of data scenarios?
- How should you structure your code using subroutines and functions?
- What’s the difference between the following expressions: vVariable, $(vVariable) and $(=vVariable) ? Which one to use when?
- What’s considered “Safe” vs. “Unsafe” use of AGGR within a chart? What’s the difference between DISTINCT and NODISTINCT AGGR ?
- How is AGGR different from TOTAL?
- Imagine you are displaying KPI results, color-coded with Red, Yellow and Green. Can you count the number of Red results, vs. Yellow, vs. Green, and show the totals in a summarized table?
- If you are using Set Analysis in a nested aggregation with AGGR, where do you need to place the Set Analysis condition?
- What’s the best way to visualize variance from average, along with standard error? How does average differ from median?
- How do you create a chart with a dynamic callout on a specific Dimensional Value?
If you can answer most of the questions with confidence, then Masters Summit may not be worth your while. However, if you struggled with these questions and concepts, then your participation in the Summit will be worth the investment of your time and funds.
YES! There will be several hands-on exercises throughout Days 1 and 2 of the conference so you’ll need your laptop.
Please bring a laptop computer with a current, licensed version of QlikView® (Version 11.x preferred) or Qlik Sense® (Version 2 or higher preferred). Contact us if you have an older version of QlikView® or Qlik Sense® installed or other computer or licensing challenges.
Also, electronic materials will be provided to you on a USB drive. If your laptop cannot use a USB drive (e.g. if your company’s security policies prohibits these) then contact us for alternatives.